Friday, March 18, 2011

Family history and collections





Angela Escritora, a follower of this blog from Brazil, sent me some photos of her family memorabilia. And it is special indeed. The dance card and program is from her grandmother's wedding in 1916. She has posted pictures of the wedding, and other family photos, here.



 
The black and white picture is an advertisement for her great-grandfather's jewelry store.


Her collection of Japanese poem card are part of a memory game that is played on New Year's Day. You can see Angela's collection of saint cards here, and more family documents  here. 

Thank you for sharing these beautiful items with us, Angela.You are lucky to have a special record of your family history.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you liked them!
    I have also other beautiful foreigner papers ,I´ll scan them for you.
    By the way, I am a children books writer (children and juvenile) and may writer name is Angela Carneiro. But my real name is Angela Lemos. So I use Angela "Escritora" in order to make life easier for the others: Angela? what Angela? Angela the writer.. Escritora means writer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful! My mother is Puerto Rican, so I recognized the Spanish word for writer, and I thought, oh, great name!

    ReplyDelete